The lead up to the ANZAC Cup was a mixed bag for me. This was the first time I would have attended a tournament for close to (maybe even over) 10 years, and I wasn’t really sure what I thought of it. I needed a bit of pushing (of which I am thankful for), but in the end I am glad I went. I had great opponents, played great games and really had an excellent time all round. Most amusing for me was that nothing has really changed since running Orktoberfest events in the early/ mid 2000’s.
Really, it was easy to slip back into what I call ‘tournament mode’, that is finalising and preparing a force and preparing for 2 full days of gaming.
I’ll present more on the tournament in the near future, I am trying to grab as much information from Troy, G$ and Luke about their forces and thoughts (including army pics), so for now I’ll present a look at my force (painting warts and all!).
ANZAC Cup was an ITS, 2 list event of 300 points. It was run over 2 days with 5 missions in total.
Infinity Nomad force for ANZAC Cup 2016
300 Points – Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor (Nomad Sectorial)
GROUP 1 (Orders: 9 Regular / 1 Irregular)
- SEÑOR MASSACRE (Fireteam: Haris) Boarding Shotgun, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0.5 | 27)
- JAGUAR Adhesive Launcher, Panzerfaust / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 13)
- JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
- MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
- BANDIT Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 25)
- HELLCAT Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 28)
- TOMCAT Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
- SALYUT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
- LUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Heavy Flamethrower, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 25)
- TSYKLON Feuerbach, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 34)
GROUP 2 (Orders: 3 Regular / 1 Irregular)
- WARCOR (Sixth Sense L1) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
- WILDCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
- ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
- WILDCAT Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (2 | 20)
- WILDCAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
5.5 SWC | 299 Points
Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor
The line up
Wildcats. Fireteam: Core.
Engineer (or Assault Hacker depending on the army) on the left, the force Lieutenant is in the centre, Heavy Rocket Launcher on the right
Jaguars. Fireteam: Haris
Jaguar with Chain Rifle and smoke grenades on the left, Snr Massacre in the middle, Jaguar with Adhesive Launcher and Panzerfausts on the right
(Note: These minis are old Alguacil minis. I wasn’t able to get my hands on any new Jags)
Bandit, Killer Hacking Device and Combi-Rifle
Hellcat. Assault Hacker with Combi-Rifle
Tomcat Doctor, with Combi-rifle. The Zondcat on the left actually belongs to the Wildcat Engineer (subbing as a Zondbot in this list).
Moran Masai, a Forward Observer with his two pet Crazy Koalas
Armed with Combi-rifle.
Warcor with his digital camera (Flash Pulse)
The bane of many a big gun, stunning them where they stood
The Remote pool.
Lunokhod on the Left with Heavy Flamer and Heavy Shotgun, Salyut EVO Hacker in the centre, Tsyklon to the right with Feuerbach and Pitcher.
This combination was very effective. The 3 army hackers were taken to maximise the output of the Remotes and the Repeaters they had (or could pitch around the board)
The Corregidor Assault Commandos are great units but I think the Tsyklon above out performed it.
This was the replacement unit in the second list. The Intruder for the Tsyklon (plus some other minor changes).
High Value Target (HVT)
The o-12 Officer surveying the battlefield was used as the HVT.
As I said above, this was a return to the tournament scene for me after a long hiatus and I am very glad I went.
Location and venue was good, a lot of good charity events (raffles and dice offs happening), and good games. Looking forward to next year.
As for the miniatures, well they ended up being rushed but I am happy they are down. The pics above highlight some major flaws in my abilities (like painting eyeballs), but I am sure I’ll get there one day.
I am glad they are all painted up (well at least the ones for this force) and I can get them on the table. They are a pretty fun force to play and can really frustrate the opponent, which is what I think Nomads are all about!
I’ll hopefully have more information about the tournament over the next few weeks.